lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Forms problems with ncurses

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Forms problems with ncurses
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 14:08:25 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> I did post to the lynx-dev list (so he probably saw the patch).  I've
> got the ftp'able version in
>
>       ftp.clark.net/pub/dickey/lynx/patches/lynx-2.7ac-0.6-color3.patch.gz
>
> However I don't think there's any impact on PDCurses (the #ifdef's are
> specific to NCURSES except for the cosmetic part with wprintw, which
> afaik will work properly on all curses implementations)
>
> The fix is a workaround for all current ncurses versions; the issue of
> subwindow refresh came up shortly before 1.9.8a -- I advised determining
> the actual behavior of SVr4 and was told that it wasn't documented -- so
> it's been on my buglist since, though other bugs have been more
> noticable.

Ja, I saw the post after sending my message.  You changed the Subject line
on the post, and I didn't catch it in my threading, and thought it hadn't
been posted. (hangs head in shame) ;)

Anyway, I thought that some of the work might still be relative to
PDcurses since it exhibits identical behavior as far as the colors in
popups are concerned.