lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx port for DOS

From: JOHNLIM
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx port for DOS
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 97 14:22:00 +0800

Wayne Buttles <address@hidden> wrote:

 Bu> On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Bill Schiavo wrote:
 > When I try to save option settings via the options menu I
 > get an error message from lynx that says "alert! unable to save options.
 Bu> Yes, it is because the options are saved as .lynxrc.  I am working on
 Bu> re-writing the file:// code for the PC ports and had planned on
 Bu> including the .lynxrc fix at the same time.
I'm not sure if this works, but if you can't wait for Wayne's fix, why not
try open LYNX.EXE with a hex editor, search for '.lynxrc' and replace it
with something 7 characters long as well, e.g. 'lynx.rc' ?

---
 John Lim Eng Hooi * Email address@hidden
 CoSysOp, Cyber City BBS +603-7587400 * Cyber HQ [http://www.cyberhq.net.my]
 Associate Editor-In-Chief, DJnet * DJnet [http://www.cyberhq.net.my/djnet]
 [ (Ice rocks hit the hull)  "Captain, we are being hailed." ]
;
;