lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV: RE: lynx 2.7 on "summertime '97" CD

From: David Combs
Subject: LYNX-DEV: RE: lynx 2.7 on "summertime '97" CD
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 19:17:48 -0800

I saw somewhere (lynx-dev?) about this place that put
lots and lots of free software (gnu, etc) onto a CD,
and (the main thing) in the Solaris "package" format.

I sent them email, got a response (from different formal
address), and I include the whole thing (my email, his
response) here.

Obviously, they should put a really recent version of lynx
onto the cd, eg the most recent 2.7, which will be ready
in a few days, I read from Fote, etc.

I responded to the guy that he should send email TO the
list, and maybe even temporarily subscribe to it.

Here's what he sent me today (before I sent him the
suggestion to email/subscribe/etc):