lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: #38 -- another quickie

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: #38 -- another quickie
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 15:29:14 -0500

> earlier versions.  We are talking about a separate program here, the
> application "Lynx", and to what degree it should be able to cope with
> "imperfections" (bugs) of other software.  Other software over which Lynx
> has no control, but with which it has to interoperate.  I think Lynx has a

Of course, if someone out there has a platform , etc. with color support
that lynx doesn't currently support, and they wish to submit changes which,
without breaking the current platforms, adds color to their build, they
can submit those enhancements.

The one thing that _all_ lynx users have to understand is that there is
no team around doing all the neat work for them; everyone kicks in on
what they are interested in seeing done.  There is a wish list where
folk can contribute ideas.  It's unfortunately currently called a 'todo'
list, which is a) a misnomer and b) a bit misleading.  I don't think the
intention is that 'someone' will go down the list and implement all this
'stuff'.  Instead, it's a point where things folks would like to see fixed
or enhanced can be listed.  Then, if someone sees a project for class,
their 'spare time', etc. they send alone a note to have the owner
of the page mark their name down as looking into the item.
;