lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Platforms at http://lynx.browser.org

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Platforms at http://lynx.browser.org
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 22:55:58 -0400 (EDT)

  From: Hynek Med <address@hidden>
  Subject: LYNX-DEV Platforms at http://lynx.browser.org

  I think it would be nice to point out that Lynx is ported to almost any
  platform, including OS/2 and Macintosh, on the top page at
  lynx.browser.org..  The page makes impression that it runs only on Unices
  and PCs with 386 or Windows32.. There is a link to the ports page, but I
  would word it something like:

  It runs on Unices and VMS, there's a port to DOS/Windows by Wayne, and
  ports for other platforms including Amiga, OS/2 and coming up port on
  Macintosh..

  The last part would be a link to the ports page..

  What do you think?

I don't think this page should make claims based on "coming up"
ports, or anything else where we can't refer the reader to a
download source for a stable program.

--
Al Gilman
;