lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Parser stuff (was: Another fotemods.zip update)

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Parser stuff (was: Another fotemods.zip update)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 09:52:05 -0400

> The usual problem I have is pages generated by Windoze tools
> where the only line breaks are at the end of a paragraph.  If
> word-wrapping such HTML were the default, it would be a net
> benefit.  Even in what is saved.  Since this crap is generated by
> tools that have no intention that you should ever look at it or
> edit it, I don't think that we should be too religious about "the
> true source."

Well, _I_ would have a real problem if the file I save in at least the \
mode isn't _identical_ to what was on the server.  I use this method
to save source code examples or data files.  Doing word wrapping on such
things would really screw things up - making it basically impossible
to use lynx to download files from the net.

> So long as the word-wrapping introduced newlines only where there
> was whitespace before, the result is equivalent HTML, no?

no - because not everything lynx shows is html.

;