lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV out of memory in GridText.c ...

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: LYNX-DEV out of memory in GridText.c ...
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 00:46:42 -0400 (EDT)

The other day I was viewing several large (huge in fact) text files.
Each one leaded fine, but after viewing 3 or 4 of them lynx suddenly
died saying it was out of memory in GridText.c.
It was trying to allocate a new text line...

I was wondering if this could be avoided by freeing up some of
the docs in the cache after a certain number of lines have been allocated.
I know the files I was looking at were large, but how is this really different
from viewing dozens of smaller docs in succession?
(I know -- with smaller docs, all  of them fit in the cache, right?)

Oh well, thought I'd mention it...
Not a priority bug...
--le
;