lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Assistance requested re: Win95 Lynx install

From: James LiGate
Subject: LYNX-DEV Assistance requested re: Win95 Lynx install
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 13:51:41 -0400

Hello.

I use Lynx as a final validation test before going "live" with my HTML.
I have been vectoring through public servers (e.g., UNC's SunSite), but
thought it would be less abusive of bandwidth and other netfolk if I
installed Lynx on my local machine.  I downloaded and unzipped
successfully, and everything works properly if I drop into DOS and launch
it.

However, if I start Lynx from Windows Explorer or any icon, it says:

===

Looking up 'Files\Lynx\LYNX.EXE " first.
Looking up 'www.Files\Lynx\LYNX.EXE. com', guessing...
Looking up 'www.Files\Lynx\LYNX.EXE. com', guessing...
Looking up 'www.Files\Lynx\LYNX.EXE. com', guessing...
Looking up 'www.Files\Lynx\LYNX.EXE. com', guessing...

  Your Terminal type is unknown!

  Enter a terminal type: [vt100]

TERMINAL TYPE IS SET TO vt100.

Looking up localhostC.
Alert!: Unable to connect to FTP host.

===

It then terminates with a message which I don't get a chance to read due
to the closing DOS window, but it obviously has a path in it... probably
complaining about something that isn't set up right.

I have looked at what I can think of to check, but don't see anything
wrong.  Have you run into this before or can you offer any suggestions
(or both! 8^)?

Thanks,
James

P.S. Is there a way to tell it you are a VT100 without having to specify
it (even with the CR) each time?  I didn't see anything in the config
file...

;
;