lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Assistance requested re: Win95 Lynx install

From: Tod Weitzel and his Orchestra
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Assistance requested re: Win95 Lynx install
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 16:59:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, James LiGate wrote:
> P.S. Is there a way to tell it you are a VT100 without having to specify
> it (even with the CR) each time?  I didn't see anything in the config
> file...

Write a batch file that processes this command before booting Lynx:

set TERM=vt100

It's also wise to include the following line as well (so Lynx doesn't
upchuck when trying to do local stuff)

set HOME=c:\lynx\

or some other directory.

-Tw?

P.S. If I may take the time to make an observation, it seems that the 'z'
command doesn't work especially well while looking up and contacting a
host. Is this a bug that has been fixed?