lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/ question

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/ question
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 23:15:36 -0400

> The files in .../lynx/current/ are updated twice a day (I think) by
> a cron job.  So you won't find things there immediately after they
> have been checked in.

Okay doakey.

> Then I guess you have to find the right flags for `patch' to create new
> files from diffs against no-yet-existing files (presumed empty).

Hmm - perhaps someone who has figured this out could post to the
group, and a note could be added at least to the patch generation
page (even better if it could bet written into the diff itself) so that
folk don't have to worry about this.

> Some, or just one?  What did it say?  Does it matter, doesn't patch just
> ignore these anyway?

There were a number.  Patch did ignore them - that's what worried me.
I deleted the .diff file after the problems I had, so I don't have a sample
lying about.

> Either wait till midnight or so, or read my announcement and find out
> where the package is available now...

Thanks
;