lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV SCO to use Lynx

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV SCO to use Lynx
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 10:34:47 +0900 (JST)

> I have is will lynx handle multibyte localization (and multibyte HTML
> documents, for that matter).  We do have Japanese localization to
> worry about.  From the CHANGES notes we see that "eliminated all
> printw() calls to avoid problems with non-ASCII and/or
> multibyte/CJK characters", but it is not clear if lynx2-7

When Lynx no longer supports CJK is the day when I stop updating.
They're not as vocal as I am, but Lynx has a large following of
Korean and Chinese users.  I suspect that the largest potential
user base will be Chinese if the politics there ever lighten up.
All I can promise is to offer every spare moment (they seem to
get fewer and fewer as the years go by :( to help the developers
maintain support for Japanese.  pubLynx (telnet 163.51.110.141;
login lynx) is set up for rendering Japanese documents; LYMessages
_ja.h, mostly translated by Takuya Asada, is available through
pubLynx or http://163.51.110.11/lynxdev/LYMessages_ja.h.gz.
Write off list if you ever need help with the language aspect.

__Henry
;
;