lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV upgrade to lynx2.7.1ac-0.20

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV upgrade to lynx2.7.1ac-0.20
Date: Sun, 4 May 1997 19:43:10 -0700

Laura Eaves wrote:

> I tried Fote's extended search command.
> I searched for a string in a text entry field and it found it.
> I also searched for a string in a non-selected option in a popup menu.
> It landed on the menu field.  I then activated the menu and hit 'n', and
> it found the option.
> This is a nice feature.
> (Of course, in hte case ofthe popup menu, you need to know what
> you're searching for.)

I haven't yet experienced the benefit of this, but I know of a case
where I will certainly appreciate it.  Search for a word with a web
searcher (http://www.altavista.digital.com/ ...).  Look at one of the
matched pages.  How often have I searched the matched pages for one of
my search words and found no match?  Now I can expect to find a few more
matches -- a few less cases where the web searcher's pointer to that
page is a complete mystery.

>Bela<
;
;