lynx-dev

Re: freopen (was: Re: LYNX-DEV 4DOS)

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: freopen (was: Re: LYNX-DEV 4DOS)
Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 09:41:34 -0500 (EST)

Alan Cox <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Ok, there is one correction ot the program I sent in my previous mail...
>> The parent directory needs to be both writable and executable.
>
>And it also doesnt work on stuff like AFS that has funny permission semantics
>
>Why not just open the file and if it works open it again ?

        access() and all other homologous checks were long ago eliminated
from Lynx, if favor of the simple "just open the file and if it works
open it again" procedure.  Though it may not be 100% reliable, it's the
only thing that worked with high reliablility across all the supported
platforms and flavors (though I'm only assuming that will be true for
Wayne's ports as well).

                                Fote