lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV download dir

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV download dir
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 19:03:46 -0400 (EDT)

> Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 23:46:11 +0500 (GMT+0500)
> From: Ashish Mahabal <address@hidden>
> Yesterday I wanted to change the download location of the temp files
> i.e. the place where these files go after pressing d before
> one saves them (by default it is the /tmp/ directory).
> I could not find anything which would help me change the location to, say,
> ~. But I am sure there has to be a simple way of doing it.

Try defining the environment variable LYNX_TEM_SPACE.
The value has to end in a /, for example
        LYNX_TEMP_SPACE=$HOME/tmp/
        export LYNX_TEMP_SPACE

> Also, I have not understood the syntax and possible downloading programs
> for DOWNLOADER. So far I had been using the canned "save t disk".

Are you referring to defining a downloader in lynx.cfg?
The comments in lynx.cfg give examples of downloaders.
I use the following downloader in my lynx.cfg.
This is almost identical to the one in the comment, except that I use sz -b
instead of sz.
DOWNLOADER:Use Zmodem to download to the local terminal:set %s
%s;td=/tmp/Lsz$$;mkdir $td;ln -s $1 $td/"$2";sz -b $td/"$2";rm -r $td:TRUE
Which downloaders you define depends on waht protocol you use to download
from unix to your PC.
--le

;
;