lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV weird crashes

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV weird crashes
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 09:15:30 -0500 (EST)

Klaus Weide <address@hidden> wrote:
>[...]That means that (without that other fix) the first two
>tests in my
>
>        if ((links[i].form != NULL && links[i].type == WWW_FORM_LINK_TYPE &&
>             links[i].form->value != NULL) &&
>            links[i].form->type != F_HIDDEN_TYPE) {
>            if (links[i].form->type == F_PASSWORD_TYPE) {
>
>would have to be reversed, in order to guarantee that no crash occurs,
>right?  (assuming that once-allocated addresses can become out-of-memory-
>space again.)

        Yes. The stuff in the main loop, for example, always checks the
links structure's type element first.  I didn't realize there was that
reinitialization bug in display_page(), and you should check that there
really is a form structure before checking its value or type elements,
which is why I didn't include the links type check there (and indeed
don't need it, now that the reinitialization bug is fixed).

                                Fote