lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Anyone using the development version of lynx and a mouse?

From: John E. Davis
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Anyone using the development version of lynx and a mouse?
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 04:40:47 -0400

On Thu, 22 May 1997 21:25:55 -0400 (EDT), "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden> said:
>there were _two_ getm entries (one, a boolean, was a typographical error,
>and was withdrawn).

If this is an integer capability:

     buttons               btns    BT       Number of buttons on the mouse

and these are strings:

     get_mouse                 getm   Gm       Curses should get button events
     key_mouse               kmous   Km       0631, Mouse event has occured
     mouse_info              minfo   Mi       Mouse status information
     req_mouse_pos           reqmp   RQ       Request mouse position report

(all from the 1994 Solaris man page, still shipping with Solaris, with
getm listed as boolean), then how does one even describe xterm's mouse
capabilities with them?  I also have no information regarding where
these occur in the terminfo data files so I cannot `untic' my xterm
file.

I suppose that kmous would return the escape sequence `ESC [ M' and
the rest of the information returned by xterm is encoded in the minfo
capability.  If you send the reqmp string to the terminal to turn on
mouse reporting, then how do you turn it off?  If I recall correctly,
xterm has two levels of mouse reporting but I do not think the above
capabilities are sufficient for either.

--John
;
;