lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Redirection for POST content problems

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Redirection for POST content problems
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 10:18:13 -0500 (EST)

Colin Leath <address@hidden> wrote:
>I'm having trouble accessing my free email account at
>http://www.netaddress.com/NA/Door/Login
>using lynx.
>
>After entering my user name and password, the following pops up at the
>bottom of the screen:
>
>WWW: Redirection for POST content. Proceed? (y/n)
>
>{I hit 'y' and then it says something like this:}
>
>Using
>http://netaddress.usa.net/NA/Door/Login?LoginState=3&Passwd=AAMOGQ&Surve
>
>{and then returns to previous y/n question. After hitting 'y' for five
>times I get this message:}
>
>Alert!: Redirection limit of 5 URL's reached.
>
>{the end result is I don't get anywhere. Is there anything I can do about
>this problem other than use netscape?
>
>thank you for any suggestions you have,

        Read:

        http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/why.html#post-redirect

and then upgrade to the current version of Lynx, which gives you the
option to use the invalid redirection behavior expected by that http
server.  You also should try to convince the WebMaster of that http
server to do the "right thing" by returning redirection with a 303
rather than 302 status.

                                Fote