lynx-dev

_everything reverse_ w/ lynx2-7-1ac-0.28/slang LYNX-DEV

From: H E Nelson
Subject: _everything reverse_ w/ lynx2-7-1ac-0.28/slang LYNX-DEV
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 11:41:07 +0900 (JST)

I recently compiled Lynx Version 2.7.1ac-0.28 [last date of CHANGES.new
is 1997-05-24], but everything on any and every page comes up in reverse,
execpt the status line, whose attribute seems to be set to bold rather
than being replaced with a color combination.  I did not install lynx.lss
(since I don't need it?).  There is color, but not the color combinations
defined in lynx.cfg for slang.

Downloaded lynx2.7.1ac-0.28.tar.gz on May 26, and from a new breakout did:
        setenv CPPFLAGS -I/home/nelsonhe/.slang/src
        setenv LIBS -L/home/nelsonhe/.slang/lib
        ./configure --with-screen=slang
        make -f makefile generic.
This method of compiling gave the expected slang behavior up to the last
development code I compiled which was lynx2.7.1ac-0.19.

This is SunOS 4.1.3-JL 1 sun4c,
        gcc version 2.7.2,
        slang0.99-38

Give me my beautiful and simple slang colors back!  (Pounds on desk :-)

__Henry

PS
I didn't mention that when I added the congigure option "--with-color-
style=slang", configure died with: "checking if color-style code should
be used... configure: error: Configuration does not support color-styles".
But I guess that's the correct response for what I wanted, i.e., the
original slang color support.

PPS
Thank you Brian, Chris and Michael (Your correction was appreciated,
but try to `mellow out' -- the original post was "help beyond the call
of duty" and a good idea.) for suggestions on getting off the list.
Seems to have worked.
;
;