lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re: your mail

From: David Woolley
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: your mail
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 09:11:59 +0100 (BST)

> Perhaps someone can tell me if this is possible...
(Under what constraints.. assuming you mean no changes to the C code.)

> My objective is to get lynx to automatically save certain mimetypes,
>
> That is, to just dump it straight to my directory with the original name...

Depending on what you mean by the original name, this could be a
serious security risk.  If you use the name from the MIME headers, you
MUST reject any names containing / (Unix)**, and MUST have a dedicated
download directory.

Automatic saving is simply a question of configuring mailcap properly;
what I haven't investigated is how easy it is to control the name of
the saved file.

** actually, you can have /, provided it is not the first character and
there are no .. components; because of symbolic links, it is not
sufficient to balance ..s against normal path name components.
;
;