lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Advice requested on tracing an HTML problem

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Advice requested on tracing an HTML problem
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 19:20:33 -0500 (EST)

Anthony M Addyman <address@hidden> wrote:
>I need to use Lynx (DOS-386 and OS/2) - both v2.7.1 - to access some
>information created by a Notes Domino server. I am getting a Bad HTML
>message. Clearly, I should use tracing to try and pin-down the cause of the
>problem. As a newcomer to Lynx I suspect the use of form-data with Forms,
>but I need to identify the problem, before I can dream of finding a fix or
>workaround. When I try adding -trace to the command line I get a rapidly
>scrolling trace of the 20K or so of HTML. Can this be piped to a file, or
>otherwise controlled? References on the list to the use of trace to
>identify such problems suggests I am missing something here.

        Most if not all of the problems with bad HTML in forms were
fixed in fotemods and have for the most part been included in the
development code, which you can try (I think :) on DOS-386, or at
least should look at.  If you had posted a URL or URLs for problem
forms on the Notes Domino server (which you should do henceforth
when posting such messages to lynx-dev), we could tell you if the
problem(s) has(have) already been fixed.

        Code for sending trace messages to a file and reading it
via a new TRACE_LOG (';') command was added to fotemods some time
ago, and also was incorporated into the development code, which
(I think :) builds and runs on DOS-386 (the fotemods code doesn't).

                                Fote