lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV bad query (egghead website)

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV bad query (egghead website)
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 00:06:36 -0400 (EDT)

Ok, I tried fotemods 6/26/97 with fote's tweak of LYmktime()
and the original problem went away.  (Thanks!)
(I was unaware that some cookies were passed without first prompting the user
and therefore did not try looking at the trace log or the cookie jar.)

> Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 18:04:44 -0500 (EST)
> From: Foteos Macrides <address@hidden>
>       I had coded Lynx redundantly to block cookie sharing based
> on either a port restriction or on a secure restricion, so that
> they eventually could be made independent, and both configureable,
> and raised this problem in the HTTP-WG.  The spec is going to be
> changed so that is also supports a port attribute.  So the server
> can send either a "secure" or "port" field (or both) with the
> cookie, to regulate those restrictions independently, and the
> user similarly could configure them each ON or OFF by default,
> and modify them via the Cookie Jar Page.  But that's all in the
> future.

Does this mean that sites like egghead won't be usable
until this is resolved?
--le

;
;