lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV passing a url to a program

From: Jose Vilmar Estacio de Souza
Subject: LYNX-DEV passing a url to a program
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 22:23:17 -0300

I can the following command in the shell prompt:
rpm -qip ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/contrib/i386/SOME_THING.rpm
This command retrieves information about the file SOME_THING.rpm

How can if configure lynx so that it could pass the current URL to the above
command?

That is:
I would like to press a key in lynx to invoke  the rpm command and I would like
that lynx pass the current URL as a parameter to the command.
Thanks in advanced for help
--
[]S Jose Vilmar Estacio de Souza <address@hidden>
;