lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx -dump is for formatted output.

From: Derek C. Richardson
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx -dump is for formatted output.
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 18:22:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Al Gilman wrote:
> > Hi! I've looked through help files and FAQs but haven't been able to
> >find a way to force lynx 2.7.1 NOT to break lines after 80 columns when
> >using the Un*x command-line option "-dump".
> >---
>
> Does -source do what you want?  If not, what do you want?

It does, with the exception that I have to do a lot of stream editing to
clean out hyperlink symbols and junk like that. That's what I do now. My
application is actually to grab hockey player statistics off the Web and
compute running scores for a hockey pool. :) A straight -dump without
formatting (because the stats lines run over 80 columns) would be cleaner,
is all.

Cheers,

--     -- ---     Derek C. Richardson       Tel:  (206) 543-0206
---   --  ----     Dept of Astronomy        Fax:  (206) 685-0403
---- --   ---   Univ. of WA, Box 351580     Home: (206) 729-8340
---   --  - --  Seattle, WA  98195-1580   address@hidden
--     -- -  -       www-hpcc.astro.washington.edu/faculty/dcr

;
;