lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV BUG? Problem with suggested name for downloaded

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV BUG? Problem with suggested name for downloaded
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 06:50:14 -0400

>Foteos Macrides wrote:
>
>       The "devel" code, available via:
>
>       http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/
>
> is the "official Lynx development code" and wherever it goes is where Lynx
> will be in its next "release", whenever that occurs.

I feel it's time that this topic - when the next 'release' will occur,
could be broached.  What do the folk currently doing the source code
integration see as issues which need to be resolved before the next
release occurs?  Could you project for folk your vision of the
time table for lynx?  Is there specific bugs or features you are awaiting?
How will you be determining when it is 'time' to cut a new release?

a bit later in the preceeding msg ...

>       1) The devel code has changes in the Lynx caching and resubmission
>          logic (a.k.a., "the INTERNAL_LINKS stuff") which precludes my,
>          personally, using the devel code seriously.  If you are not
>          using Lynx in conjunction with SSL, that's not as important
>          for your site as it is for me, personally.
>
>       2) The devel code does not apply chartrans handling to form
>          attribute values, which in my, personal, view, precludes
>          installing it for "production" use.  The chartrans handling
>          is impefect for utf8 charsets, but it works quite well for
>          all the others (and for form attribute values as well in
>          the fotemods).

Anyone on this list familar with maintaining a bug database?  It seems like
it would assist in determining the fitness of a release if there were some
way to determine the scope of outstanding problems.
;