lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1ac-0.74 and LYUnEscapeEntities problem under digi

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1ac-0.74 and LYUnEscapeEntities problem under digital UNIX
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 16:55:36 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, Heikki Kantola wrote:

> Looks like there's something odd in 2.7.1ac-0.74's new LYUnEscape-
> Entities code as everytime I try to access eg. www.helsinki.fi I get
> odd¹ error message:
>       ./LYCharUtils.c LYUnEscapeEntities: out of memory.  Aborting...
>
>       Memory exhausted!  Program aborted!
>
> ¹ Trying this on Alpha running digital UNIX 4.0B box and with 1G real
> and 3G virtual memory, of which most should be free...

I cannot reproduce this on <URL: http://www.helsinki.fi/> on solaris
sparc, so more info is needed.  But first, to make sure we have the basic
things covered: did you fully recompile 2.7.1ac-0.74?  Assuming you were
copying the source (or patch) over a previous version, make sure you
did a new `configure'  and a `make clean' or `make distclean' (and if not
please try to compile again).

That message is produced at the beginning of LYUnEscapeEntities, so it
prbably isn't anything in that function which is causing this (at least
not directly).

     Klaus

;
;