lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1ac-0.74 and LYUnEscapeEntities problem under digi

From: Heikki Kantola
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1ac-0.74 and LYUnEscapeEntities problem under digital UNIX
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 21:56:54 +0300

According to Heikki Kantola <address@hidden>:
> According to Klaus Weide <address@hidden>:
> > I cannot reproduce this on <URL: http://www.helsinki.fi/> on solaris
> > sparc, so more info is needed.  But first, to make sure we have the basic
> > things covered: did you fully recompile 2.7.1ac-0.74?  Assuming you were
> > copying the source (or patch) over a previous version, make sure you
> > did a new `configure'  and a `make clean' or `make distclean' (and if not
> > please try to compile again).
>
> Nope, didn't patch any previous version, just unpacked the tar.gz and
> configured (--with-screen=slang --with-zlib) and compiled (using cc and
> rather extensive set optimization flags, hopefully that wasn't the
> problem, I think I'll try without any).

Nope, not optimizer's fault. And logging error messages catches only
(in addition to makeuctb's messages, which IMHO shouldn't end up in
stderr) following:
cc: Warning: ./HTAlert.c, line 53: In this statement, the referenced
type of the pointer value "Msg" is const, but the referenced type of
the target of this assignment is not.
        fprintf(stderr, "%s\n", Msg);
--------^

Secondly, while testing various options I also noticed that the
configure-script doesn't seem to pick the ANSI C "-std1"-option  for
the digital UNIX cc, it does suggest "-DCC_HAS_PROTOS" instead, altho
I don't see even that define anywhere on the final makefile/lynx_cfg.h.

--
Heikki "Hezu" Kantola, <address@hidden>
Lähettämällä mainoksia tai muuta asiatonta sähköpostia yllä olevaan