lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Need help compiling with DJGPP under DOS

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Need help compiling with DJGPP under DOS
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 20:57:08 -0400 (EDT)

> Thanks, Bill, for the fix to the WWW makefile for DOS.  A broken
> make file would stop most would-be compilers dead in their tracks.
> Hope the original poster has been following this thread.
>
> > ! CFLAGS = -O3 -DEXP_CHARTRANS -DDOSPATH -DNOUSERS -DDEBUG
> > -I../../../djgpp/t
>                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> I thought that for Unix anyway the "-DEXP_CHARTRANS" flag is no
> longer needed, i.e., Lynx code IS chartrans, and chartrans is not
> an ifdefed experimental add-on option anymore.  Can "-DEXP_CHARTRANS"
> be removed from the DOS makefiles, too?  If not, there might be
> something out of wack there.  Just a question; don't know personally.
it's still needed (but Klaus says that the program won't work without
the EXP_CHARTRANS code).  so it's just a leftover thing that should
be removed.

-- I was curious about the removal of the COLOR_CURSES ifdef (was this
   because someone is building against differently-patched PDCurses,
   or because of some other change)?

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden