lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Still won't compile under DOS

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Still won't compile under DOS
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 18:19:40 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, JeffreyX Groves wrote:

> **** THE OCT 1997 WEB ARCHIVES ARE BROKEN, SO PLEASE REPLY BY EMAIL ****

What's wrong with them?  They seem to be fine.

[ ... ]
> Then I tried this...
>
>   make -f makefile.new
>
> It got a little further and actually compiled 'HTParse.c'.  However, it
> croaked on 'HTAccess.c' with the following message...
>
>   ../../Library/Implemnt/HTAccess.c:65: LYGlobalDefs.h: No such file or
> directory (ENOENT)

My mistake.  The same change as in
  <URL:http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1097/msg00575.html>
should work, that is:

  For now, to be able to compile remove the offending include and insert
  a line

  extern char*UCAssume_MIMEcharset;

  in HTAccess.c before `PUBLIC void LYUCPushAssumed'.

> Do I have to edit all the file references to 8.3 format or is there a
> better way?  I've already spent four days trying to get this to compile
> and it getting a little frustrating.

I can't help with the 8+3 problems.

    Klaus

;