lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re: -post_data

From: Al Gilman
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: -post_data
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 11:21:07 -0500 (EST)

to follow up on what Milan Vontorcik, 4i3 MFF UK said:

> > Place individual
> >
> > name1=value1
> > name2=value2
> >
> > clauses on separate lines and terminate with
> >
> > ---
> >
> > -- Al Gilman
>  And where I can write the URL?
>  If I wrote URL before -post_data, option was ingnored;
>  if I wrote -post_data before URL, URL was ugnored.

Sorry, that used to work.  Here is an example tcsh command line
that worked with Lynx 2.7 just now:

> lynx -get_data < get.parms http://www.metacrawler.com/crawler > get.result

The file get.parms in this case contains all the
parameters URLencoded on one line and
the terminating triple-hyphen on a following line:

general=Lynx+Links&method=2&format=1&region=0&rpp=20&timeout=15&hpe=10
---

Your shell may vary.

-- Al
;