lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV lynx_w32 corrupting files

From: dsharp
Subject: LYNX-DEV lynx_w32 corrupting files
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 10:29:38 +0000

Hello,

I am trying to using lynx in a script to automatically download and
install software from our webserver.  Unfortunately, lynx is
corrupting the files.

On our unix system, I can use:

lynx -source http://our.server.com/somefile > localfile
localfile
lynx -source http://our.server.com/someotherfile > localfile2
localfile2
.
.
.
etc

to download and install software.  Now I need to come up with a
script for Windows 95 that will do something similar, unfortunately
lynx_w32 seems to be corrupting the files (even though they are sent
as application/octet-stream).

I realize that I could simply write my own custom client, but such
seems wasteful when I have this wonderful web browser just sitting
there.

Thanks,
David Sharp
---
Instructional Telecommunication Services
KMOS-TV, Central Missouri State University
Phone:(816)543-4155
Web: http://kmos.cmsu.edu/ITS/
ICQ UIN: 2467419

Disclaimer: Any opinions expressed above are my own, and do not
necessarily reflect the opinions of my employer.

SPAM email is NOT appreciated!  Offenders will be reported to the
postmaster of their site.

;
;