lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Comments

From: Tobias C. Brown
Subject: LYNX-DEV Comments
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 11:10:01 +0000

I am excite to see the new Lynx version ported to Win95 and WinNT.
This is an interesting development as I have always had to used Lynx
from within a terminal program. It is disappointing however that Lynx
is no easier to learn how to use.

The readme.txt file that comes with the program is not helpful.

Pressing the "?" does not launch a help page. Instead, it asks me to
"Enter a whereis query". I do a query on "help" and nothing launches.

The online help materials at www.crl.com are not available because
the web page does not load at the present time.

The lynx-dev archive is mostly for advanced users and has no search
capability.

All I wanted to learn how to do was change the default color settings
and setup a bookmark file.

My experience with the Windows port for Lynx is similar to my
experience using Lynx via terminal programs: except for the bare
essentials, it is a difficult program to learn how to use. Too bad, I
like the program and would use it more if it wasn't so obsure in use.

Toby Brown <address@hidden>

Tobias C. Brown                        Enhanced Designs
============= http://enhanced-designs.com/ =================
address@hidden              Web Site Development

;
;