lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV McSpotlight (was Problem)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: LYNX-DEV McSpotlight (was Problem)
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 00:02:13 -0500 (EST)

971104 Tee Dee at some place wrote:
> I've got a problem with Lynx 2.6-2 (Linux). It seems to fuck up
> every time I'm trying to go to 'www.mcwatch.org'.
> It doesn't react to any commands after that.
> Have you made some kind of deal with McDonalds?

yes, i feel like that sometimes, but it's not the way to encourage replies ...

what you probably want is  www.mcspotlight.org/
& while you're there you might tell them to add  ALTs  to their  LINKs .

BTW for lynx-dev a query: this post has a meaningless  From ,
but an  X-authentication  in Finland to which i have copied this reply:
would anyone be kind enough to enlighten me (& maybe others)
as to what  X-authentication  means & offer an opinion
whether the  From  line is a device to hide the originator's identity?

and to Root in Finland: are you aware of what is being sent out in your name?

;