lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV problems compiling lynx_386 version (latest lynx-cur.z

From: Sabato De Rosa
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV problems compiling lynx_386 version (latest lynx-cur.z
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 14:16:07 +2200

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Sabato De Rosa wrote:

>> 3) giving MAKE command in DJGPP subdirectory ov lynx's source code it seems

>This may be the problem.  You DON'T type make in the DJGPP subdirectory.
>Go to the src directory and type "make -f makefile.dos".

Ok. In the INSTALLATION file /section V.) the instructions indicate different
steps; and the first compilation one is that to give MAKE command in
\LYNX2-7-\WWW\LIBRARY/DJGPP subdirectory. In any cases here are the results
of this first step:

-----------------

In file included from ../../Library/Implementation/HTParse.c:6:
./../Library/Implementation/tcp.h:478: socket.h: No such file or directory
(ENOENT)
make.exe: *** [../../Library/djgpp/HTParse.o] Error 1

-----------------
I have also tried to begin the copilation following your hints; but see
the errors encountered:

----------------

In file included from ../../Library/Implementation/HTParse.c:6:
./../Library/Implementation/tcp.h:478: socket.h: No such file or directory
(ENOENT)
make.exe: *** [../../Library/djgpp/HTParse.o] Error 1

>It is hard to help without more specific information. Which version of
>lynx are you trying to compile? Socket.h and tcp.h are referenced with
>the CFLAG "-I../djgpp/tcplib/include/tcp". Please write back to the list
>with specific error messages and the version you are trying to compile.

Version is LYNX-CUR.ZIP (I think that it's ac.0.89).
Best regards!

;
;