lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV-can't compile on Digital Unix 3.2

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV-can't compile on Digital Unix 3.2
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 16:41:01 -0800

[cc:'d to sender]

On or about Sat, Nov 08, 1997, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

> Could some one tell me where to get source code that would compile on
> digital Unix 3.2 and Digital Unix 4.0?
>
> I have tried a numver of time to get the code and compile it on these alpha
> servers without success. each time the machine keeps working for a long time
> (3-4 hours) and I do not get the compiled binaries.

I don't know if I have much help to offer, but maybe some
encouragement... I've been compiling right along with no major
problems on [uname -a]:

    OSF1 unicorn V4.0 564 alpha

and 3.2 before that.  I'm a little behind on the latest development
code, but up to:

    Lynx Version 2.7.1ac-0.76 (1997)

it's always gone fairly well.

One hint: in order to give you much help, the experts are going to
want to know what version of lynx you're trying to build, and what
sort of error messages, etc, you're getting, and maybe some other
information besides.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>