lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV hope the new Lynx release comes out soon!!!!!!!!

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: LYNX-DEV hope the new Lynx release comes out soon!!!!!!!!
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 13:15:49 +0900 (JST)

I hope the new Lynx release comes out soon so I don't have to keep
updating "http://163.51.110.11/lynxdev/INSTALLATION.gz";.  Today's
editing includes three notable modifications:

The Unix autoconf compile section now includes an annotated example,
Subsection 1e, for setting environment variables and options.  The
description of the --with-cfg-file option was removed, and a description
of --libdir was added.  Does it grate on the nerves of autoconf buffs
to have --libdir in amongst the other options?

Bill's revised batch file (see "http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/
month1097/msg00140.html") is now integrated into INSTALLATION.  Bill
should check it since I switched the order to do www\library before
src\chrtrans (as is done in the Unix port, and as is the order in the
written instructions).  I removed the "-f makefile.dos" for the make
in src\chrtrans from the written instructions so they conform to
the batch file.  This batch file starts from the tcplib build; is
it impossible to reliably start from the pdcurses build?

A couple of hints from Doug were added here and there in the DOS section.
On Doug's advice, I removed the reference to the "lab1.psy.univie.ac.at"
tcplib.  I hope it was all right to replace it with Wayne's "http://www.
fdisk.com/doslynx/wlynx/source/djgpp.zip".  Doug, does this mean we can
remove one of the following, and the comment, from the environment variable
section?
    WATCONF      Where to find the wattcp.cfg file.
    WATTCP.CFG   Where to find the wattcp.cfg file.
    (only one applies, depending on how you compiled your tcp library)

__Henry
;
;