lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV wishlist item

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV wishlist item
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 05:05:48 -0500 (EST)

Fote's 4 line solution works great if all I want to do
is select a link number while on a text entry field:
If I type ^V it prompts me for a link/page number.
The following extension lets you select an arbitrary command.

As for ^V aleady being used for selecting the parser,
that is only true when not in text entry mode.
If you are in text entry mode, typing ^V twice will still
let you reparse the page.

So the only thing this change doesn't do is
prompt you explicitly for a lynx command.  The
user will see nothing when typing ^V but lynx will dake the
next character as a command.
Is it important to print a prompt?
I personally don't think so...
Thanks to fote for the patch.
--le

PS: I hope ^V isn't already used in text edit mode.
    If so this patch overrides it...

*** old/LYForms.c       Fri Nov  7 04:30:54 1997
--- src/LYForms.c       Thu Nov 13 04:48:09 1997
***************
*** 350,355 ****
--- 350,365 ----
            ch = 7;
        }
  #endif /* VMS */
+       if ( ch == 22 ) { /*XXX*/
+               ch = LYgetch();
+ #ifdef VMS
+               if (HadVMSInterrupt) {
+                   HadVMSInterrupt = FALSE;
+                   ch = 7;
+ #endif /* VMS */
+               break;
+       }

        /*
         *  Filter out global navigation keys that should not be passed
;
;