lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Problem with input fields in the latest Lynx271f from Fote

From: Louis-David Mitterrand
Subject: LYNX-DEV Problem with input fields in the latest Lynx271f from Fote
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 10:24:43 -0500

I just built the latest Lynx from Fote's gopher server with SSL added
and now the text input fields don't work anymore. If I type 'p' while in
an textfield I get the "save, print, etc" menu, is I type 'd' I get the
"Download, Cancel", etc...

Also I have a question (maybe it's solved in the latest dev release):
when I connect to a site requiring basic authentification with the
"-auth=login:pass" command-line switch, then why does lynx first
attempts to connect _without_ authentification? The status line shows:

"Connecting to http://www.xxx.com";
"Connection without authentification refused, retrying" (or whatever)
"Connecting..."

Shouldn't lynx try right away with the login:pass instead of being
bounced the first time?

--

     Louis-David Mitterrand
     http://www.aparima.com/F1/