lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV FTIME errors when compiling 2.7-1 on VMS

From: Allan Foster
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV FTIME errors when compiling 2.7-1 on VMS
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 13:00:49 -0600

I posted yesterday about a change we had made to get LYNX working for us after
upgrading to 7.1 VMS. We added a line to build.com $cc_opts = cc_opts +
"/NOOPT"
because this is how it built LYNX in debug. After upgrading we lost our
ability
to read/post to NEWS from LYNX so we built it in debug mode and NEWS worked
in
debug fine.

So I rebuilt LYNX after adding this line for the normal build and it
worked...but
I was using the Socketshr libraries because I was never able to get LYNX to
build
under 6.2VMS and Multinet4.0b on Alpha...another but...after seeing your
post just
for fun I tried building LYNX this morning using the MULTINET choice and
our little
/nooptimize change in the build.com and it also worked!!!  So I thought I
would pass
this along so you could check out my other post and maybe try that change
and see
if it will work in 6.2VMS.

If you need I can re-post the change we made if you dont find my previous
post.

Hope this helps

Allan

At 02:32 PM 11/14/97 +1300, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm experiencing some difficulties in compiling Lynx 2-7-1 on
>an Alpha running OpenVMS 6.2 and Multinet 4.0A.
>I've modified tcp.h according to the instructions given in the PROBLEMS
file,
>however, I'm getting the following errors when running BUILD.COM
>Any advise on how to resolve this will be greatly appreciated.
>

>Regards,
>
>Anna Chan
>Datacom Systems
>Auckland
>New Zealand
>
>Default directory:
>  SYS$SYSDEVICE:[PACKAGE.LYNX.271.LYNX2-7-1]
>
>Acceptable TCP/IP agents are
> [1] MULTINET (default)
> [2] UCX
> [3] WIN_TCP
> [4] CMU_TCP
> [5] SOCKETSHR_TCP
> [6] TCPWARE
>Agent [1,2,3,4,5,6] (RETURN = [1])
>$!
>$! Build the WWWLibrary
>$!
>$ set default [.WWW.Library.VMS]
>$! DECC:
>$!
>$ cc/decc/prefix=ansi /nomember -
>    /warning=(disable=implicitfunc)-

/DEFINE=(DEBUG,ACCESS_AUTH,MULTINET,_DECC_V4_SOURCE,__SOCKET_TYPEDEFS,VC="""
>2.14""")-
>    /INCLUDE=([-.Implementation]) -
>    [-.Implementation]HTString.c
>
> u_short sa_family;             /* address family */
>........^
>%CC-E-MISSINGTYPE, Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
>at line number 94 in file
MULTINET_COMMON_ROOT:[MULTINET.INCLUDE.SYS]SOCKET.H;7

> u_short sp_family;             /* address family */
>........^
>%CC-E-MISSINGTYPE, Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
>at line number 103 in file
MULTINET_COMMON_ROOT:[MULTINET.INCLUDE.SYS]SOCKET.H;7

> u_short sp_protocol;           /* protocol */
>........^
>%CC-E-MISSINGTYPE, Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
>at line number 104 in file
MULTINET_COMMON_ROOT:[MULTINET.INCLUDE.SYS]SOCKET.H;7

> u_long s_addr;
>........^
>%CC-E-MISSINGTYPE, Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
>at line number 60 in file
MULTINET_COMMON_ROOT:[MULTINET.INCLUDE.NETINET]IN.H;7

> u_short sin_port;
>........^
>%CC-E-MISSINGTYPE, Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
>at line number 112 in file
MULTINET_COMMON_ROOT:[MULTINET.INCLUDE.NETINET]IN.H;7

>void ftime (timeb_t *time_pointer);
>.....^
>%CC-E-NOTCOMPAT, In this declaration, the type of "ftime" is not
compatible with
> the type of a previous declaration of "ftime" at line number 130 in file
SYS$CO
>MMON:[SYSLIB]DECC$RTLDEF.TLB;2.
>at line number 52 in file SYS$SYSROOT:[SYSLIB]TIME.H;1
>$ CLEANUP:
>$    v1 = f$verify(v)
>$ set default [-.-.-]
>$!
>$! Compile the Lynx [.SRC] modules
>$!
>$ set default [.SRC]
>$! DECC:
>$  cc := cc/decc/prefix=all /nomember -
>    /DEFINE=(DEBUG,ACCESS_AUTH,MULTINET,_DECC_V4_SOURCE,__SOCKET_TYPEDEFS
>,__VMS_CURSES)-
>    /INCLUDE=([-],[-.WWW.Library.Implementation])
>$!
>$ cc DefaultStyle
>
> u_short sa_family;             /* address family */
>........^
>%CC-E-MISSINGTYPE, Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
>at line number 94 in file
MULTINET_COMMON_ROOT:[MULTINET.INCLUDE.SYS]SOCKET.H;7

> u_short sp_family;             /* address family */
>........^
>%CC-E-MISSINGTYPE, Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
>at line number 103 in file
MULTINET_COMMON_ROOT:[MULTINET.INCLUDE.SYS]SOCKET.H;7

> u_short sp_protocol;           /* protocol */
>........^
>%CC-E-MISSINGTYPE, Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
>at line number 104 in file
MULTINET_COMMON_ROOT:[MULTINET.INCLUDE.SYS]SOCKET.H;7

> u_long s_addr;
>........^
>%CC-E-MISSINGTYPE, Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
>at line number 60 in file
MULTINET_COMMON_ROOT:[MULTINET.INCLUDE.NETINET]IN.H;7

> u_short sin_port;
>........^
>%CC-E-MISSINGTYPE, Missing type specifier or type qualifier.
>at line number 112 in file
MULTINET_COMMON_ROOT:[MULTINET.INCLUDE.NETINET]IN.H;7

>void ftime (timeb_t *time_pointer);
>.....^
>%CC-E-NOTCOMPAT, In this declaration, the type of "ftime" is not
compatible with
> the type of a previous declaration of "ftime" at line number 130 in file
SYS$CO
>MMON:[SYSLIB]DECC$RTLDEF.TLB;2.
>at line number 52 in file SYS$SYSROOT:[SYSLIB]TIME.H;1
>$ CLEANUP:
>Default directory:
>  SYS$SYSDEVICE:[PACKAGE.LYNX.271.LYNX2-7-1.SRC]
>;
>; To UNSUBSCRIBE:  Send a mail message to address@hidden
>;                  with "unsubscribe lynx-dev" (without the
>;                  quotation marks) on a line by itself.
>;

 | Allan J. Foster                      |  Phone: (918) 631-2342           |
 | The University of Tulsa              |  Fax:   (918) 631-3586           |
 | Computing and Information Resources  |  E-mail: address@hidden |
 | I wisdom dwell with prudence and find out knowledge of witty inventions.|
 |                                                           Proverbs 8:12 |
;
;