lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx386 problem "alert: socket failed"

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx386 problem "alert: socket failed"
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 97 16:27:28 EST

On 18 Nov 1997 17:23:00 +0100,
Hasan Karahasan  <address@hidden > wrote:

>The following applies to all versions of lynx386 reguardless of its version
>number and to all users of lynx386 I have asked here in Germany.
>
>I'm really wondering why no one has reported this bug yet. Maybe you
>haven't noticed it, so try the following.

Actually it is a known bug, It may not have been apparent to those
using modems, Wayne knows about it and hadn't gotten deep enough into
the libraries to find what you found.  It does work this way, and I
had gotten used to it.  It happens often when you are connected
through a token-ring network and pages can come in as fast as 384
kbps.  I hope this fix works; I don't have the compiler to test it out
myself until someone else builds it.  Thank you for digging into this
bug.

-- Lloyd Rasmussen
Senior Staff Engineer, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the  Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress          202-707-0535
(work)       address@hidden    www.loc.gov/nls/
(home) address@hidden

;
;