lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Using lynx for command line ftp.

From: Joe Batt
Subject: LYNX-DEV Using lynx for command line ftp.
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 13:56:50 -0500

I searched the archives, but found nothing.

When I

lynx -source ftp://myhost.dom/my_file.zip > my_file.zip

On WinNT with the 32 bit version, the zip file gets ascii translated to
have CRLFs in it.

I can't find any method around this.  (Coming from the Unix world, I was
suprised to see this problem.)  I think an extra command line option is
needed.  I have been using Lynx to do this sort of thing for two years,
but this is my first job on Microsoft.

(I am using Lynx to get through a corporate firewall/HTTP proxy.)

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum, but I think it is a design issue.

Joe Batt
address@hidden