lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV caching absolute URLs (was Wish list)

From: Marcus
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV caching absolute URLs (was Wish list)
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 16:28:27 -0500 (EST)

I don't see how you even notice the looking up of addreesses since it
goes by so fast if you are using speech just hit the alt key or controll
key and it should shut it up!  I only mention speech since that would be
the only way you would even notice the looking up part unless your
internet provider is slow!  I use to have this problem with concentric
and b4futures but not infobahn!On Sat, 6 Dec 1997, Philip Webb wrote:

> 971106 Vischne wrote:
> > Are you familiar with the chimera X-windows browser (ftp.cs.unlv.edu)?
> > The latest chimera versions have an interesting feature:  They cache
> > absolute URLs, so that the browser doesn't keep looking up addresses.
> > Since the URL code in Chimera is from the same X-Mosaic root lynx derives
> > some code from, it is likely this feature could be added with minimal
> > effort.
>
> may i second this?
> it has always seemed irritating for Lynx to tell me "looking up address",
> when it is already presenting a page from the same site.
> it should be easy w/w/o Chimera & shouldn't exhaust anyone's cache space.
>
> --
> SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : address@hidden
> ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|  Centre for Urban & Community Studies
> TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'  University of Toronto

I am scoreboard king time master and Dana lover!  I am chocolate king
bacon king and Dana lover!  I am king of laziness king of stubbornness and
Dana lover!  Get the picture?