lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Win32 Lynx Problems...

From: Paul Gilmartin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Win32 Lynx Problems...
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 17:16:23 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, Larry W. Virden, x2487 said:

> Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 14:30:13 -0500
>
> Well, I know definitely there are many versions of uuencode - some are
> totally broken, using spaces as valid encoding characters (which cause
> problems when passing thru sites which drop trailing spaces from lines...).

Broken or not, spaces are the Open Group's standard for uuencode.  No
other character is even an option.  Do you know any standard that
allows otherwise.  Space is also the oldest tradition.

Reading RFC 822, I found no text that allows dropping of trailing
spaces.  According to any standard I know, that's where the
breakage is.

-- gil