lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV DOS bugs for ac-0.104

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV DOS bugs for ac-0.104
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 16:42:35 -0500 (EST)

> Version 104 seems to function well in DOS, as far as I can see so far.
> The name change for the CHANGES files works, but the old CHANGES-* files
> are still in the distribution.
ok - Jim's script doesn't purge obsolete stuff (I think it's sufficient if
I remove the old ones from the staging directory).

> There is a cosmetic defect that came in somewhere between version 93
> and 98, probably when standard output was made binary. The message
> printed after spawning a shell in DOS began to start in the middle
> of the screen, where the SPAWNING_MSG finished. The \n at the end of
> SPAWNING_MSG no longer returns the cursor to the left margin. The
> following patch fixes this, although I am not sure why a separate
> message and screen clearing are needed after printing the SPAWNING_MSG
> at all.
If you're writing while curses is active, it should (SVr4 and SVr3) have
set the terminal mode so that OCRNL is off, making this behavior.  (It's
normal).  But why are you using a printf?

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden