lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV fixed bug on bsdi

From: Michael Sokolov
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV fixed bug on bsdi
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 19:04:40 -0500 (EST)

Fote,

You write that LYUCFullyTranslateString() and LYUnEscapeToLatinOne() first
translate the character entity to raw byte A0 (decimal 160). Why so? I have
always thought (actually learned from other lynx-dev postings) that the
document is first completely translated to Unicode and then the character
entities are unescaped to Unicode too. Would you please clarify this for me and
other people who are not as familiar with Lynx internals as you or Klaus?

Sincerely,
Michael Sokolov
Phone: 440-449-0299
ARPA Internet SMTP mail: address@hidden