lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV HTTP_REFERER and form results

From: Jose Marques
Subject: LYNX-DEV HTTP_REFERER and form results
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 09:26:45 +0000

I am having a problem with the HTTP_REFERER field not being set when the
refering page is the search results from a form based search (or so it
seems).  This is causing me a problem because I am using the HTTP_REFERER
field as a primitive form of security control (the security provided by IIS
3.0 being too inflexible for my needs).  Is this a bug or a feature of
lynx?  At the moment both Netscape and MSIE work fine.  I don't need to use
lynx myself but I would like to know if there is a workaround that I can
give to lynx users.

I am testing with: Lynx 2.7.2 under FreeBSD

--
Jose Marques <address@hidden>
George Edwards Library, University of Surrey