lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV bug with UP_LINK?

From: Robert R. Schneck
Subject: LYNX-DEV bug with UP_LINK?
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 18:07:48 +0000 (GMT)

Hello.  I hope this has not been said countless times or already solved.
With Lynx Version 2.7.1ac-0.24 for Unix, and I reconfigure the keymap so
that up-arrow is UP_LINK, down-arrow is DOWN_LINK, left- and right-arrow
are PREV_ and NEXT_LINK.  (and backspace is PREV_DOC, enter is ACTIVATE,
history is H, etc.).  The point is UP_LINK doesn't seem to work correctly.
Say I'm on the top line of the currently displayed page of the document,
and there are several links on that line.  If I press up on the first link
in the line I move to a link in the previous page.  If I press up on any
of the other links on that line, I get "There are no links above this line
of the document."  Clearly not intended behaviour (?).

And a small suggestion: I feel it would be nice to be able to configure it
so that you have to ACTIVATE on a text input area in order to enter the
line editor (and only then lose the ability to use most of your keys).

Any help would be appreciated.

Robert