lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Installation

From: Heikki Kantola
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Installation
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 12:07:15 +0200

According to Mr. Gijoy Zachariah Vypana <address@hidden>:
> If this is not the right place for an enquiry about the problem enquired
> by me while installing Lynx on HPUX 10.10 machine, Please forward this
> mail to the right place it is to be done.
>
> I wanted to use the latest version of Lynx.
> I tried to retrieve it from <http://www.wfbr.edu/dir/lynx> which
> I couldn't get.

That site doesn't host Lynx sources anymore AFAIK, try <URL:http://
sol.slcc.edu/lynx/release/> (for 2.7.2) or <URL:http://sol.slcc.edu/
lynx/current/> (current development version with autoconfig etc.).

> I am trying to install Lynx version 2.6 on HPUX 10.10
>
> I used "make snake3" and it gave and error in libwww.a.
> Please give a guidance in the installation.

Atleast get either (I suggest development version) of the above
mentioned newer versions first.

[...]
> (Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -O option is available only with the C/ANSI C
> product; ignored.
> (Bundled) cc: warning 480: The -A option is available only with the C/ANSI C
> product; ignored.
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: ../WWW/Library/snake/libwww.a: Not a valid library (invalid
> magic number)

Hmm, apparently you try to make HP-UX bundled cc to do something it
can't do. Perhaps you should install gcc (if not feeling like buying
the HP C compiler).

--
Heikki "Hezu" Kantola, <address@hidden>
Lähettämällä mainoksia tai muuta asiatonta sähköpostia yllä olevaan