lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV navigation problem

From: John
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV navigation problem
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 12:15:44 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, Stan Zylowski wrote:

> i am familiar with lynx using it public library.  I
> recently acuired at 486 windows 3.1 workgroups 33.6 modem.
> i use the terminal icon in windows to link as a vt100
> terminal to the public library.  But the navigation in
> lynx is limited to space bar and typing in the number of
> topic link.  I am unable to use arrow keys and cant enter
> input on yahoo or anywhere for that matter.

> what should i do? edit Options?  anything you can suggest
> is fine.

In windows 3.1 Terminal go to 'Settings', 'Terminal
Preferences', ... The last box labled 'use function arrow
and ctrl keys' should NOT be checked, if it is, uncheck it
and click ok.  Now your left right up down arrow keys should
work.

This will not work in win 3.0, you need 3.1.  Hope this
helps.

FYI, the program TERMINAL.EXE is a stand-alone program and
uou do not need to be running win31 to use it, but you do
need the version of terminal.exe that shipped with 3.1  Hope
that makes sense.

John