lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV navigation problem

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV navigation problem
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 98 13:09:35 EST

On Fri, 6 Feb 1998 18:32:41 -0500 (EST),
Stan Zylowski  <address@hidden > wrote:

>i am familiar with lynx using it public library.  I recently
>acuired at 486 windows 3.1 workgroups 33.6 modem. i use
>the terminal icon in windows to link as a vt100 terminal
>to the public library.  But the navigation in lynx is limited
>to space bar and typing in the number of topic link.
>I am unable to use arrow keys and cant enter input on
>yahoo or anywhere for that matter.

You might consider a DOS communication program that does VT-100 or 102
emulation.  But even without that, try these methods:

Turn on your numlock key and use the num pad arrow keys.  This should
either do cursoring (Qmodem for DOS does this) or it will send out
numbers, which Lynx can use as cursor commands.  Also, the tab key
moves you forward one link at a time.  "1" takes you to the end of a
file and "7" takes you to the beginning.  Try the k or K key for a
list of valid keystroke commands.  Once you have these things working,
you may be able to set Options, K to allow links to be selected by
number instead of with the cursor.

It is also possible to run Lynx for DOS on your own computer.  But try
the other suggestions first.

-- Lloyd Rasmussen
Senior Staff Engineer, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the  Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress          202-707-0535
(work)       address@hidden    http://www.loc.gov/nls/
(home) address@hidden http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/lras/