lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Lynx on HP-UX v 10.20

From: Anthony P Dwyer
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx on HP-UX v 10.20
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 21:07:38 EST

Dear lynx gurus,

I've run into a problem with lynx; I hope one of you can point me
in the right direction.

For some time now, I have been using lynx successfully under
the HP-UX operating system version 9.04 on HP servers.  Recently
our system administrators have begun upgrading the servers to
HP-UX version 10.20.  Under this version, lynx aborts, even
when I recompile it under the new operating system.

There are two symptoms I've noticed.  First, my initial page (a local
file) appears completely highlighted, instead of having only the
first link (anchor) highlighted.  Second, when I try to follow a ling,
lynx aborts with "A fatal error has occurred..."

I run lynx from a vt100 terminal emulator connected to the UNIX
server.  I compile lynx using "make generic".

I'm not a UNIX expert nor a very experienced C programmer, although
I can read C.  (I fear the same can be said of the contractors who do
our system administration, except perhaps for the part about being
able to read C.)  Any suggestions where I should start looking?

-- Tony Dwyer <address@hidden>

P.S.  I see lynx-dev is a rather large list.  My apologies to those
of you who couldn't care less about HP-UX.